Saturday, July 18, 2009

I miss her soooo much....

 

On Tuesday 15th July 2008, my wonderful, beautiful mother died. She fought sooo hard, for soooo long. But she just had nothing left......with which to fight. She was only given months to live, when first diagnosed, but soldiered on, through over 7 years of painful and delibitating treatments. She never complained.....she was my best friend. We shared a special bond. I miss our daily phonecalls and the sound of her laughter. She loved us completely, and her grandchildren even more.....

I look back with admiration and respect on the wonderful woman, and mother she was. She always encouraged me, never doubted me and made me believe in myself. She instilled in me the importance of family, hard work and honesty. She shaped me from a shy, awkward girl into a confident, independent adult. When I think of all she has done for our family, all that she sacrificed and all the love she so generously poured from her heart, I feel humbled. This love she gave will live forever within me......

I have a thousand memories that I will cherish forever. And I'm thankful each day for my life's greatest gift: Having her as MY mother.
She will forever be an angel by my side....
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. My Love goes out to you Carol...I am still fortunate enough to have my mum around and probably don't appreciate her as much as I should, so thanks for sharing your love of your mother with us!!! Luv Shaz xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carol: I am Sparkling Scrapbooks husband. I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. Your post was beautifully written and touching to read. I know we are strangers, but I hope it helps to know that others are thinking of you in your time of need. May God look upon your heavy heart and bring peaceful days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Carol!Reach into your hart and you will see that your mother lives in you.Like you sayd she shaped you and that part of her you will cary on forever.I'm so sorry to see you unhappy.
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mum has only been gone such a short time I can understand how raw you must be feeling.

    Have you planned anything special to do to remember her by...maybe something as simple as a trip to the garden centre for a pretty plant?

    You could start a new family tradition with something special.....I've always fancied those Chinese floating/flying lanterns but I doubt your fire brigade would let you do that!!

    I have left you an award on my blog because you are a wonderful person and a talented crafter......hugs Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your Mum. I am thinking of you..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart and prayers are with you Carol. I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom fought on for such a long time. Your words about her are beautiful, and yes, she'll be an angel at your side always............ xOxO deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know u and this is my first visit to your page, But I am sorry for your pain, I hope the good memories, will be the ones you remember.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww Your mum sounds so wonderful,i know how much it hurts i lost my dad 3 years ago on the first day of spring.He too fought for so long after giving himn 6 months to 2 years to live he lasted 8.long enough for my marriage and my sisters two boys to be born.Love really did make our parents wings to fly free in the end,Your mum was lucky to have you too you know.
    Hugs
    Jules

    ReplyDelete