Sunday, January 23, 2011

My First Dt project for Scraptivate





Well.......I've been given the OK, to show my 1st DT project for Scraptivate. Natalie gave me a great kit, which had in it, a Prima Canvas album. I was a bit nervous at first.....I had never decorated one before (although I do have one tucked away in my stash).....but it was great fun !!!!! Inks, paint....stamps.....ANYTHING....I had a ball !!!! I glued, stamped and stapled on every spare space......
I decided to do a Heritage album....I have loads of Heritage photos.....and have been involved in tracing back, and recording my family History. For me it could be an old song, a whiff of old lavender perfume....or the smells that remind me of when I was little. I remember, many times....Mum cooking something or other, and her saying to me......I remember MY Mum....your granny.... making this when I was a little girl. These are the memories I hold close to my heart.....and having lost, my beautiful Mum, nearly 3 years ago......They are precious to me.....and I want to keep these memories alive for "my" daughter. Now some of the recipes in this book....I probably wont recreate.......such as the "Haggis".....But it is a part of my family Heritage....and needs to be remembered !!!
My Recipe book has many pages....so please call in to Scraptivate to have a closer look........Or if you have a "hankering" for Haggis......feel free to copy the recipe !!! NOT !!!

I am currently working on my next DT project.......and really looking forward to this one !!!!! Its base is one of my favorite things.....
So....when it's finished.....and I get the Ok from the boss......I'll be back to show you.....Meanwhile....have finished a few Twiddleybitz projects, but not allowed to share yet !!!! So ....Bye for now.....
Carol
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Carol this album is just one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen! I definitely made the right decision putting you on our team! YOU ROCK GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is gorgeous. Absolutely stunning.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks divine carol,can't wait to see the real thing instore

    ReplyDelete